Research opportunities will be provided at all levels, from graduate students to postdocs, in the following areas:
We plan to combine experimental activity (building up new GEC lab, including necessary diagnostics) with theoretical investigations (setting up a theory group). The work will be focused on two major directions: Studies of basic properties of complex plasmas, and interdisciplinary research of generic phenomena occurring in classical liquids and solids. The aim of basic studies of complex plasmas is to better understand their physical properties, while the principal objective of the interdisciplinary research is to use complex plasmas as a natural model system and perform investigations at the most fundamental – individual particle – level.
Please contact Dr. A.Ivlev (email@example.com).
The technology of plasma coatings and plasma sources
It is planning to carry out the investigations in new plasma sources design, new constructions and new principles of plasma jets creation. At this moment there are three development directions: arc-guns, magnetron sputtering systems and Hall plasma thrusters.
- significant decreasing of microdroplets amount up to the absence of microdroplet phase in coating with saving of low cost, high rate of plasma jets generation and other qualities of this method;
- design of magnetron sputtering systems with extra high magnetic fields;
- design of the cathode spots movement control systems in arcgun to optimize cathode profile sputtering.
- design of technological ion sources with gauss-like profile of ion beam;
- design of the system for nanoscale treatment of large-size optical parts;
- study of the basics of inner ion ballistics in ion sources accelerating channel .
Modern industry requires materials with higher characteristics. While conventional construction materials almost have no the potential of further performance improvement, the field of new nanomaterials is grows rapidly.
In the laboratory of New matherials synthesis and further study of new materials are created with the help of high-energy plasma: modification, nanolayer coatings synthesis with unique properties and others.